Have you been faithfully going to the gym every day and hopping on that treadmill only to be met by a scale that doesn’t budge or a tape measure that refuses to show any inches lost? Then it’s time to change things up! Studies show when we do the same exercise repeatedly for an extended amount of time, our bodies tend to become accustomed to it, and this will stagnate our weight loss efforts.
One of my friends who owns a pool company makes sure to swim a lap before he does any cleaning or repairing of a pool. Needless to say his opportunism has earned him a gorgeous six pack!
If you’re needing something to put a little “oomph” back in your step, and start the scale moving downward again, then consider using exercise DVD’s at home to liven up your routine. There are a ton of different ones to choose from, and if you don’t have the budget to buy DVD’s, then head to your local public library. Most libraries stock many different kinds of DVD’s, from movies to workouts, and you don’t have to pay a dime to use them. Some popular choices are:
1. Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds – Wonderful for exercise beginners. Routines can be modified to suit your comfort level.
2. Jillian Michaels – Great DVD’s for the advanced workout enthusiast looking for a challenge.
3. Denise Austin – Wide range of DVD’s from pilates to kickboxing.
Don’t be afraid to change things up a little. Your body will thank you for it!
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock somewhere over the past couple of years, then you’ve probably heard about the Paleo diet. Basically, the diet consists of eating the way our paleolithic ancestors once did, using only staples such as meat, raw vegetables, and fruits. You won’t find any sugar-laden junk food and processed foods in this way of eating, but honestly who wants that stuff greasing up their arteries anyway? The benefits of switching to this healthier diet is simply beyond compare. Without sugar and artificially flavored foods filling our body with toxins, the feel-good effects of the Paleo way of life are instantaneous. You will have more energy, more vitality, and your body and mind will thank you for it. Who doesn’t want health benefits, such as …
1. Healthy Brain: Salmon, a main staple of the paleo diet, is packed full of omega 3 fatty acids, which contain DHA and is wonderful for the eyes, heart, and brain.
2. Better Intestinal Health: Sugar and other processed junk foods cause inflammation within your intestinal tract. Therefore, removing them from your diet is critical for a healthy gut.
3. Vitamins and Minerals: The paleo diet consists of many delicious and natural foods so you’re sure to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals. Some people refer to it as “eating the rainbow” when you indulge in good-for-you foods, like green peppers, yellow peppers, red peppers, oranges, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Remember, if it’s not natural, try to stay away from it as much as possible.
4. More Muscle, Less Fat: The paleo diet relies greatly on animal products and with that comes healthy protein, which is used for building muscle mass, and the more muscle you have the better your metabolism will work. It’s that simple.You may want to transform your garage into a home gym to bulk up and increase your exercise. Our friend who owns a painting company came over and epoxied our garage floor. It’s better than the gym with the gorgeous new floor!
So now the only question remaining is…why haven’t YOU switched to the paleo way of eating?
We know what you’ve been through – paying for trainers and making NO progress towards your ‘get fit fast’ goal!
We’ve spent thousands of dollars on trainers who got us nowhere.
We’ve spent hours on Craigslist reading all the ads and testimonials.
One of our friends owns a bounce house company and always ‘tests’ out the bounce houses that he sets up!
So – how did you find a great trainer who actually helps you to REACH your goals?
Leave a comment below!